Thursday, January 03, 2008

2007 City Elf Roundup - Part III

We're almost done with this whole survey thing...this is the third of four posts that answer the very nosey Butter's questions about my 2007.

21. Made new friends?

That's an understatement. Yelp has been very good to my social life...and the funny thing is, while I probably never would have otherwise met most of people I now spend a lot of time with, they are now some of the closest, dearest friends I have ever had. I'm a lucky girl.

22. Favorite night out?

Oh, man...any night we spent at All Star singing karaoke, getting drunk, and then eating tacos at Leo's would rank right up there. Seeing Love with Tita was unforgettable. The Bruce Springsteen and Tony Bennett concerts were incredible. The evening Ben and I went to AOC for dinner was pretty lovely. And Yelp Prom was amazing...from what I can remember.

23. Any regrets?

What is life but a series of regrets? Of course I have regrets. I regret not telling Martha how much I loved her before she died. Other than that, most of my regrets are things I can change this year.

24. What do you want to change in 2008?

Oh, hey, that's a good follow-up question! I'd like to cook more, work out more, travel more, and have more sex. Mmmm, sex.

25. Overall, how would you rate this year?

I'd say four stars. It was a solid year, one with a lot of terrible sadness, but also one of overwhelming joys. I learned so much about who I am and how much stronger I am than I ever thought I could be; I felt so low at the beginning of the year and ended it feeling so loved and fulfilled that it was transcendant.

26. What would you change about 2007?

Nothing, because everything happens for a reason.

27. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?

For the first few months, I spent it on the road: Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Davis, San Jose, Salinas, Fresno, Palm Desert, and Redding, just to name a few of the cities I visited for work.

After that, I'd say my office, Target, and Michael and Wendy's house.

28. Have any life changes in 2007?

Uh, yeah. Was supposed to get married and didn't, so readjusted to being single. Joined Yelp and turned into a foodie and for a while, a functional alcoholic. (Just kidding, I wasn't functional at all.)

29. Change your hairstyle?

Not really, unless you count not cutting it a change. It's long like it usually is; I only get it cut about 2-3 times a year.

30. New BF/GF?

Nope. Mama don't like to be tied down.

Phew! Almost done...

No comments: