Saturday, August 09, 2008

Speechless

I've tried numerous times to come up with something to write on here over the past week and I just couldn't do it. I did post updates on Twitter a few times but that's sort of the blogging equivalent of texting someone when you say you'll call, if that makes any sense.

I'm still sort of on edge about things, but every time I see Michael and/or talk to Wendy, I feel a little better. He seems to have made a bit of progress even though his temperature was still elevated yesterday. He was able to respond to commands yesterday when they pulled back on his sedative, which made me really happy. I visited him last night and just missed Wendy and Judy, but I hung out and chatted with him for a while.

I told him about the Olympics starting, reminded him Nick and Nora were getting married (probably around the time I visited, in fact), and just talked to him about what I'd been up to this week. I know he can't hear me, but I want to believe he knows I'm there. It's a lot easier to talk to him than write on here right now.

No comments: