Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

My realtor and I went out over my lunch hour to view some houses. I'm finding more and more places in my price range and I may have lucked out today.

We visited a 3 bed, 1 1/2 bath house in Alhambra, just south of the 10 up on a hill. The place is in fantastic shape - it still has tenants - and located on a quiet street. It has a nice kitchen, lots of storage, and a huge (though mostly hardscape) backyard with two lemon trees!

It's not in Pasadena, which is unfortunate, but it's pretty close (20 minutes without traffic). Anyhow, frankly, I could never afford this place if it was in Pasadena.

My realtor is calling the selling agent this afternoon to discuss next steps. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up because it's a short sale, and that means it could easily fall through for any number of reasons, especially if someone outbids me. However...I really like this place a lot so, okay, my hopes are totally up. Pray for me!

2 comments:

Reneé Leigh Stephenson said...

what's the status???

City Elf said...

waiting to hear back...because it's a short sale, it's highly unlikely i'll get it, but please keep hoping for me!