Sunday, July 27, 2008

Spaghetti And Sadness

I used my kitchen as God intended tonight - Ken came over and we cooked dinner together. We decided on spaghetti, so we went to the market and then I insisted on doing most of the work myself and bossing him around for the rest. He's a very obedient sous chef, I must say.

We sauteed Italian squash (aka zucchini), graffiti eggplant, and red bell pepper in garlic and olive oil and combined this with store-bought Barilla marinara. We also heated up some garlic bread (because what's spaghetti without garlic bread?) and made a salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and sunflower seeds. I wish I'd thought to buy eggs because hard boiled eggs are my current addiction and they taste so good in salads.

For dessert we had Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream in waffle cups. Those cups are tasty, but packaged very deceptively so as to appear much larger than they are once you open the box. I'd buy them again anyways. The ice cream is also amazing, by the way - super pepperminty!

We had a really nice evening, but eventually we had to acknowledge why he'd come over. He wanted to spend some time with me so we could talk about his potential move back home to the East Coast. Nothing's set in stone yet, but it seems he'll probably be leaving California within a couple of months. I'm absolutely miserable about it.

I can't imagine my life here without him nearby, the way he's been since I arrived in Los Angeles. I want more time together and I tell myself that would make it easier for me to let him go. But I know that's not true - no matter how much time we spend together, it will never be enough for me. He's the best friend I've ever had, the person who sees me like nobody else ever could. I miss him already.

1 comment:

TMC said...

I'm sorry to hear you're sad. :(