Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Cuppa Joe

How is it that I make coffee every single day and yet I can't make it taste the same every day? I certainly don't understand how people can consistently make bad coffee, but I also don't understand how I can't consistently make good coffee. Some days it's so perfect I want to shake myself until I confess what I did to achieve something so delicious. Other days, like today, I want to give myself a kick in the shin for making it so strong my esophagus spasms when I drink it. Perhaps this is a solid argument for buying the coffeemaker that takes pods.

2 comments:

frank said...

If you grind your own coffee, inconsistent coffee is a result of quakers. I'm serious. "Quakers are underdeveloped coffee beans that accidentally make it through the manufacturing process."

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2006/06/should_you_remo.html

Now, if you don't grind your own coffee, your mug is haunted.

hedlund said...

Whoa. I feel like such a copycat, but then again, I just read this.

Creepy.