Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Exhausted But Happy

So I am finally home...home being a relative term.

When I am in Indiana, I am home.

When I am with my family, I am home.

When I am in Los Angeles (or Pasadena), I am home.

You know the drill - it's where the heart is and all that jazz.

At any rate, here I am, back in my California home. Literally at home today as well, since I am working at my kitchen table once again. I was hoping to be in my office today after a long absence, but the Enterprise rental car branch I am using SUCKS BALLS and I wasn't able to rent something this morning. I'm working with my usual branch now and should be able to get into a car by this afternoon.

I am so tired - I could sleep for days, I think - but I had the best time. I'll write more about it later, but as a quick summary: I drove over 1,000 miles while I was there, shuttling back and forth between the homes of my siblings and my parents. I saw a Cubs game and my nephew's senior drama, stayed up late gossiping and giggling with my sisters, took care of my brother after he had outpatient surgery, and took about a billion pictures. My arm throbbed every single night (I couldn't take my meds during the day because I had to drive) but it was totally, absolutely, 100% worth it.

I miss them all like mad already.

No comments: