Monday, March 19, 2007

Okay...

Just so you don't think I'm (completely) emotionally ruined right now, here are the good things that happened to me today:

I woke up early enough to get coffee and still arrive at my office at a respectable 9:20 a.m., thus walking through the front door and strolling by my co-workers to say good morning (as opposed to my usual skulking in through the back door by my office at about 10:15 or so and surprising everyone with my presence after lunch.)

My hair looked really good today, almost like bedhead sexy good, and a friend of mine noticed approvingly.

A colleague came back from four weeks away, gave me a hug, and said, "Wow, you've lost weight!" (I was in outfit that hadn't fit me in six months.)

When my co-worker and friend Debbie asked me how I was doing, and I said I was fine, she knew I was lying and asked me to lunch to cheer me up.

I made shit happen today at work because instead of saying, "Somebody should really do (fill in the blank)," I just did it myself and let others marvel at my competence and commitment.

So there! Life goes on and more good things will happen tomorrow. Or at least I really, truly hope so.

No comments: