Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Up My Nose With A Rubber Hose

Or it feels like that, at least. It's sort of like Ghostbusters 6: Revenge of the Ectoplasm is being filmed in my sinus cavity.

Day 7 of STILL BEING SICK and wishing this would either kill me or leave me alone. I am not sure whether the random hot flashes are a fever or a product of my broken thyroid, which has made me feel pre-menopausal for like five years already. My chest feels thick, heavy, and furry inside, like I ate one of my cats. I sound like Lauren Bacall crossed with Minnie Mouse. At least my voice is proof that I'm actually sick, since I called into work yet again.

Tomorrow should be fun; I think (I hope?) I will be well enough to go back to work, but it's our annual Volunteer Day, which means I'll be in Orange County renovating mobile homes. Can't wait to see what paint fumes do for the bird flu!

No comments: