Sunday, May 21, 2006

Pancakes!

FMC is crazy about pancakes. I don't know why exactly, but they are his favorite breakfast food ever. (I happen to be more partial to bacon myself...and it shows.)

Anyhow, today he asked me to make pancakes and I obliged with help from a brand-new box of Bisquick, discovering along the way the secret to The Best Pancakes Ever. (It's orange juice, if you must know.)

Here is the recipe for those of you longing to replicate my Martha Stewart-like abilities:

City Elf's Magical Pancakes
2 cups Bisquick
1-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon melted butter (not margarine)

Stir ingredients until blended. Grease a frying pan or griddle and place over medium-high heat. (Don't use butter for greasing, as it burns. Try margarine or a non-stick cooking spray.) Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the cooking surface. Once bubbles appear over most of the batter's surface, and the edges appear slightly cooked, flip over and cook for an additional 30-45 seconds.

Feel free to add Mickey Mouse ears to your pancakes for maximum breakfast happiness.

1 comment: