Thursday, January 13, 2005

Happiness

Because I realize I complain too much, here is a short list of mundane things that have made me happy this week:

  • Serendipitous mind-meld phone call from my oldest sister hours after I thought of calling her
  • A sweet card from my other sister, along with illustrated and silly thank-you notes from her kids, rife with misspellings and complaints about their cancelled cable
  • Dollar bill art, via Boing Boing
  • Really good cabernet and yummy creme brulee at the Nine Thirty preview last night
  • Playing hooky (for just one day)
  • Finally getting my car back from the shop, and thus no longer moping about as a prisoner in my own home
  • Music of Bob Marley and Ray Charles emanating from speakers of above-referenced vehicle
  • Thoughts of upcoming three-day weekend

Also, not mundane, but quite happiness-inducing: FMC, the rockingest boyfriend ever.

There, I am ready for the universe to re-balance and deposit good chits (not shits) into my karmic account.

No comments: